Tuesday, September 22, 2020

On making a fresh start

 
"Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall."

~ F. Scott Fitzgerald

Changes. Fresh starts. New beginnings. 

These are things we typically associate with New Year's Day -- a new year, a new you, new habits, new routines. But for me, nothing inspires a feeling of opportunity, of change, of fresh potential quite like the fall. 

Even though it's been 30+ years since I graced those hallowed (brick-and-mortar) halls as a student, I still equate September with the start of a new year. And today -- being the autumnal equinox, the official first day of fall -- I'm feeling inspired to make changes, to dream big, to explore new possibilities. 

More importantly, I'm ready to leave behind old thoughts, ideas, perceptions, and processes that no longer work for me, that I have outgrown.

What fresh starts are you making this fall?









2 comments:

colpmhill said...

Great Post. Hubs

Jasmine said...

Same. Tired of treating myself like garbage. Time for a change!! 🍁